Bladderscan BVI 9600
Dual functionality of Aortascan® technology and BladderScan® bladder volume assessment
BladderScan BVI 9600 System
The BladderScan BVI 9600 bladder volume instrument with AortaScan mode and NeuralHarmonics® technology, is a portable 3D ultrasound measuring device with dual functionality.
It quickly and noninvasively measures the diameter of the abdominal aorta and urinary bladder volume. Scans are quick and easy, and can be done in office by your staff. No sonographer is required.
- Provides a 3D ultrasound measurement of the abdominal aortic diameter
- Helps assess urinary retention and postoperative urinary retention (POUR)
- Helps prevent unnecessary catheterization and reduce CAUTI rates
- Helps monitor postoperative recovery
- Improves efficiency of healthcare professionals by reducing costs and saving staff time
BladderScan BVI 9600
of urinary bladder volume and abdominal aortic diameter
AortaScan mode and bladder volume assessment mode for women and men
via console and probe, aiming assistance helps staff to learn and use
easy to use, ergonomically designed
tracks instrument usage and UTI costs saved
for patient records or reimbursement
The BladderScan BVI 9600 Solution
NeuralHarmonics enables quick and more accurate measurements than conventional 2-dimensional ultrasound. In bladder volume measurements, a unique second harmonic differentiates the bladder, urine, and hypo-echogenic regions such as the uterus. This results in a better analysis, a faster answer, and a more accurate measurement from the device.
Quick and accurate measurements
The BVI 9600 is quick and easy to use. With minimal clicks, the BVI 9600 captures ultrasound images in multiple planes inside the body and produces a three-dimensional dataset of the bladder or abdominal aorta. Based on this data, the BVI 9600 calculates and displays the bladder volume or aortic diameter. No sonographer is required.
Onboard savings calculator
The savings calculator tracks instrument usage, urinary catheterizations avoided, and UTI costs saved. Using customizable fields, the onboard savings tool helps administration track economic value.
bladderscan® bvi 9600 Components
- Compact and easy-to-read console features:
- Color LCD display
- Brightness control
- Onboard printer
- Onboard video tutorial to assist in training staff
- Easy-to-use, handheld probe
- Battery charger/wireless hub
- Two lithium-ion batteries
- Ultrasound gel
- Two rolls of printer paper
- Optional medical cart with locking wheel
- Optional ScanPoint® image management software
- Optional in-service session to train staff
- Educational Material
- One-year warranty
- BVI 9600 In-Service CD—includes:
- Operations & Maintenance Manual
Bladderscan BVI 9600 FAQ
Is it possible to send BladderScan exam data to EMR systems?
- Some BladderScan instruments, such as 6000 series and 9000 series devices, can deliver exam data to various EMR systems through the ScanPoint Image Management System. To learn more about this feature, please refer to the appropriate Operations and Maintenance Manual (available at bladderscan.com), or visit scanpoint.com.
Can the BladderScan BVI 3000 be used on pediatric patients?
- The BVI 3000 is not intended or designed for use on pediatric patients. The BVI 9400 instrument, however, has a Small Child mode specifically designed for use on pediatric patients.
Is calibration required on BladderScan instruments?
- Periodic calibration of BladderScan instruments is required to ensure accurate exam results. The required frequency of calibration depends on your Total Reliability service plan. For calibration requirements specific to your BladderScan instrument, please refer to the appropriate Operations and Maintenance Manual, available at bladderscan.com.
Can BladderScan instruments be calibrated on site?
- Yes. If you have the calibration kit and ScanPoint with QuickPrint, you can easily and quickly calibrate your own BladderScan instruments. You may also send your instruments to a Verathon service center.
How should I clean and disinfect my BladderScan instrument?
- BladderScan instruments must be cleaned and disinfected before use and between patient exams. Your instrument may only be cleaned and disinfected by using the approved processes provided in your Operations and Maintenance Manual (available at bladderscan.com). Cleaning and disinfection methods are recommended based on compatibility with component materials.
Is the BladderScan BVI 6000 series instrument battery replaceable?
- Yes. If the instrument battery no longer holds a charge, or requires frequent charging, you may order a BladderScan BVI 6000 lithium-ion battery replacement kit. Instructions for replacing the batteries are included in the kit.
Is the ScanPoint Image Management System required to use a BVI 6100 or BVI 6400 instrument?
- No, the ScanPoint Image Management System is not required to operate a BVI 6000-series instrument.
Is it possible to combine a BVI 3000 rolling cart with a BVI 9400 instrument?
- BladderScan rolling carts are specifically designed to be used with their respective instruments.
May I buy parts to service BladderScan devices myself?
- Verathon does not make available any circuit diagrams, component parts lists, descriptions, or other information that would be required to repair the instrument or related accessories. Premium warranty customers have access to a loaner unit and free shipping options that vary according to the service plan. For more information, contact your local Verathon representative or Verathon Customer Care.
May I purchase a second probe for my BladderScan BVI 3000 or BVI 9000 series instrument without buying a second console?
- Yes. For more information, contact your local Verathon representative or Verathon Customer Care.
Is there a Clinical Competency checklist for users of the BladderScan BVI 3000?
- Yes. You may obtain a copy of the In-Service Checklist for the BVI 3000 by contacting your local Verathon representative or Verathon Customer Care.