Bladderscan BVI 9400
The power of NeuralHarmonics®
BladderScan® BVI 9400 System
Advanced ultrasound technology for more accurate, noninvasive bladder volume measurement.
The BladderScan BVI 9400 bladder volume instrument, with NeuralHarmonics technology, is a portable 3D ultrasound device that quickly, accurately, and noninvasively measures urinary bladder volume and post-void residual (PVR) in adults and small children.
With one click, the BVI 9400 captures ultrasound images in multiple planes inside the body and produces a three-dimensional dataset of the bladder. Based on this data, the BVI 9400 calculates and displays the bladder volume. No sonographer is required.
- Measures bladder volume accurately and noninvasively on a wide range of patients
- Helps assess urinary retention and postoperative urinary retention (POUR)
- Helps evaluate many common urological problems (LUTS)
- Helps prevent unnecessary catheterization
- Helps reduce rates of catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI)
- Helps differentiate between types of incontinence to determine appropriate care
- Helps improve efficiency of healthcare professionals by reducing costs and saving staff time
BladderScan BVI 9400
measurements of urinary bladder volume and post-void residual (PVR)
available for men, women and small children
via console and probe, aiming assistance helps staff to learn and use
designed for rugged use and backed by Verathon's dedicated service team
tracks instrument usage and UTI costs saved
for patient records or reimbursement
The BladderScan BVI 9400 Solution
DURABLE AND RELIABLE
The BVI 9400 is designed for rugged use and has undergone rigorous testing in extreme situations. And with a broad set of solutions from our dedicated service and customer care teams, you’ll have access to any support that you need.
NeuralHarmonics enables more accurate measurements than conventional two-dimensional ultrasound. In bladder volume measurements, a unique second harmonic differentiates the bladder, urine, and hypo-echogenic regions, such as the uterus. This results in a better analysis and a more accurate measurement from the device.
QUICK AND ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS
The BVI 9400 is quick and easy to use. With one click, it captures ultrasound images in multiple planes inside the body and produces a three-dimensional dataset of the bladder. Based on this data, the BVI 9400 calculates and displays the bladder volume. No sonographer is required.
CUSTOMIZABLE SAVINGS CALCULATOR
The savings calculator tracks instrument usage, urinary catheterizations avoided, and UTI cost savings. Using customizable fields, the onboard savings tool helps administrators to track economic value.
bladderscan® bvi 9400 Components
- Compact and easy-to-read console features:
- Color LCD display
- Brightness control
- Onboard printer
- Onboard video tutorial to assist in training staff
- Easy-to-use, handheld probe
- Battery charger/wireless hub
- Two lithium-ion batteries
- Two rolls of printer paper
- Optional medical cart with locking wheels
- Optional ScanPoint® image management software
- Educational Material
- Optional in-service session to train staff
- One-year warranty
- BVI 9400 In-Service CD—includes:
- Operations & Maintenance Manual
BladderScan BVI 9400 Tutorials
bladderscan bvi 9400 FAQ
Is it possible to send BladderScan exam data to EMR systems?
- Some BladderScan instruments, such as 6000 series and 9000 series devices, can deliver exam data to various EMR systems through the ScanPoint Image Management System. To learn more about this feature, please refer to the appropriate Operations and Maintenance Manual (available at bladderscan.com), or visit scanpoint.com.
Can the BladderScan BVI 3000 be used on pediatric patients?
- The BVI 3000 is not intended or designed for use on pediatric patients. The BVI 9400 instrument, however, has a Small Child mode specifically designed for use on pediatric patients.
Is calibration required on BladderScan instruments?
- Periodic calibration of BladderScan instruments is required to ensure accurate exam results. The required frequency of calibration depends on your Total Reliability service plan. For calibration requirements specific to your BladderScan instrument, please refer to the appropriate Operations and Maintenance Manual, available at bladderscan.com.
Can BladderScan instruments be calibrated on site?
- Yes. If you have the calibration kit and ScanPoint with QuickPrint, you can easily and quickly calibrate your own BladderScan instruments. You may also send your instruments to a Verathon service center.
How should I clean and disinfect my BladderScan instrument?
- BladderScan instruments must be cleaned and disinfected before use and between patient exams. Your instrument may only be cleaned and disinfected by using the approved processes provided in your Operations and Maintenance Manual (available at bladderscan.com). Cleaning and disinfection methods are recommended based on compatibility with component materials.
Is the BladderScan BVI 6000 series instrument battery replaceable?
- Yes. If the instrument battery no longer holds a charge, or requires frequent charging, you may order a BladderScan BVI 6000 lithium-ion battery replacement kit. Instructions for replacing the batteries are included in the kit.
Is the ScanPoint Image Management System required to use a BVI 6100 or BVI 6400 instrument?
- No, the ScanPoint Image Management System is not required to operate a BVI 6000-series instrument.
Is it possible to combine a BVI 3000 rolling cart with a BVI 9400 instrument?
- BladderScan rolling carts are specifically designed to be used with their respective instruments.
May I buy parts to service BladderScan devices myself?
- Verathon does not make available any circuit diagrams, component parts lists, descriptions, or other information that would be required to repair the instrument or related accessories. Premium warranty customers have access to a loaner unit and free shipping options that vary according to the service plan. For more information, contact your local Verathon representative or Verathon Customer Care.
May I purchase a second probe for my BladderScan BVI 3000 or BVI 9000 series instrument without buying a second console?
- Yes. For more information, contact your local Verathon representative or Verathon Customer Care.
Is there a Clinical Competency checklist for users of the BladderScan BVI 3000?
- Yes. You may obtain a copy of the In-Service Checklist for the BVI 3000 by contacting your local Verathon representative or Verathon Customer Care.